Get Ready to Win the Caterham Academy 2013!
Congratulations Caterham Academy Group 1 and 2 Champions Alex Gurr and Stephen Nuttall. Both taught by Ben Elliott using the Race-Instructor.co.uk Driver Training Package.
Trackday / Race Instructor provided driver training a number of Caterham Academy 2010, 2011 and 2012 competitors. All tuition was provided by Ben Elliott and in all cases the Racelogic Video Vbox was considered to be a fantastic training aid.
Caterham Motorsport Championship drivers that used Trackday / Race Instructors Driver Coaching services:
Elliott Norris and Andy Welch - 2011 Caterham Academy Group 1 and 2 Champions
Other 2011 Race Instructor Customers in the Caterham Academy included:- Alex Macindoe, Paul Thacker, Adrian Hume, John Whitehouse, Simon Thomas, Matthew Lowe and Adrian Flemming
Kurt Brady (2010 Caterham Academy Group 2 Champion)
The feedback from all of the Academy drivers was along the lines of 'I wish I had started getting driver training earlier!''
With this in mind there is now the Trackday / Race Instructor Caterham Academy 2013 Training Program.
- Tuition on a Track day / Test day Prior to each Sprint and Race meeting (track fees not included) A total of 6 days training.
- Priority Booking - We try to book training events as close to the Sprint / Race as Possible (Ideally the Friday test day for the races and the friday before the sprints.
- Use of Racelogic Video vbox on all circuit training events.
- A copy of your video and data plus any other data I have for the training venue that may be useful
How does it work?
There are regular trackdays / test days at all of the Circuits that you will race at in the Caterham Academy 2012. Together we can find a trackday / test day at each venue that suits you.
How Much does it cost?
£1949 - A £121 discount on doing the days individually and with a guarantee that you get to plan the best days to suit the racing calender and your diary.
What happens if I cannot find events to suit?
You will get a credit to use on training at any venue included in my standard training price. If you want to go to other venues then you'll need to pay a top up. Please see the Prices and Booking
page for information on this. Your credit will last for 12 months from the purchase of the academy training package.
Will you be running events at any of the Sprint Venues?
No. In March 2012 Caterham changed the academy rules to prevent drivers being able to practice at sprint venues. This does not ban training on the Snetterton 300 circuit however.
I will however be running Sprint preparation sessions in early 2013. This will include:
- Track Walk and learning to read the road
- Practice Starts
- Track modified with cones to present similar corner profiles and challenges to the sprint venues
- Timed runs with Video Vbox data loggers to compare and improve driving.
- Classroom session looking at sprint runs from previous years.
- Preparation and visualisation techniques prior to your Runs.
Caterham Academy 2013 - Guide to Curborough Sprint circuit.